Graduate Academic Certificates are offered in the following areas:
- Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
- Archival Management
- Data Science
- Digital Content Management
- Digital Curation and Data Management
- Leadership in Professional Development in Technology for Schools (Not currently accepting students)
- Rural Library Management
- Youth Services in Libraries and Information Agencies
- Applicants must be admitted into the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School and are required to submit the following application materials:
- Toulouse Graduate School Application for Admission via ApplyTexas.
- Required transcripts
2. Applicants should also complete the Department of Information Science GAC Application Form and attach a current resume to the application.
Students who are awarded Graduate Academic Certificates and later apply for admission to the M.S. in Library or Information Science program or the M.S. in Data Science program will be required to submit any additional documents required for admission to the respective program.
Note: If you are a current IS Master’s student and you are applying for a GAC, please complete the Application for Concurrent Graduate Academic Certificate Programs (EUID and UNT password login required) so that your academic certificate program will show up on your transcript. If you do not complete the form before your graduating semester, the Toulouse Graduate School will not accept your request for the certificate.
Once You Are Admitted
Once admitted, you will be assigned an advisor who will assist you in getting enrolled for classes and beginning the Graduate Academic Certificate Program.
Academic Certificate Completion Form and Request to Receive Your Certificate
Once you complete your course work, please submit the Request for Graduate Academic Certificate of Completion form to receive your certificate.