The Department of Information Science offers the following Graduate Academic Certificates:
- Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
- Archival Management
- Big Data and Intelligent Systems
- Children's and Young Adult Library and Community Services (previously Youth Services in Libraries and Information Agencies)
- Data Science
- Digital Content Management
- Digital Curation and Data Management
- Health Data Science
- Health Information
- Rural Library Management
- Applicants should first apply to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School by completing the Application for Admission via ApplyTexas and pay the application fee. Applicants will also need to submit transcripts from previous institutions attended to the Graduate School. Transcripts can be mailed (see mailing information below) or sent via email to Gradadmissions@unt.edu.
By U.S. Postal Service: By UPS/FedEx: Toulouse Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #305459
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Toulouse Graduate School
1147 Union Circle, ESSC 354
Denton, TX 76203-5459
2. Complete the Department of Information Science GAC Application Form and attach a current resume to the application.
Students who are awarded Graduate Academic Certificates and later apply for admission to the M.S. in Library or Information Science program or the M.S. in Data Science program will be required to submit any additional documents required for admission to the respective program.
Note: If you are a current Master's student in the Department of Information Science and you are applying for a GAC, please complete the Application for Concurrent Graduate Academic Certificate Programs (EUID and UNT password login required) so that your academic certificate program will show up on your transcript. If you do not complete the form before your graduating semester, the Toulouse Graduate School will not accept your request for the certificate.
Once You Are Admitted
Once admitted, you will be assigned an advisor who will assist you in getting enrolled for classes and beginning the Graduate Academic Certificate Program.
Academic Certificate Completion Form and Request to Receive Your Certificate
Once you complete your course work, please submit the Request for Graduate Academic Certificate of Completion form to receive your certificate.