The Graduate Academic Certificate program is intended for two audiences:
1. Library and Information Science Professionals: Master’s degreed library and information science professionals who want to develop expertise in management in libraries or other information agencies by taking additional graduate level courses to receive an academic credential.
2. Other Professionals: Bachelor's or Master's degreed individuals who want to develop or enhance their knowledge of management in libraries or other information agencies by taking graduate level courses to receive an academic credential.
Graduate Academic Certificate Programs Offered:
- Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
- Archival Management
- Digital Content Management
- Digital Curation and Data Management
- Leadership in Professional Development in Technology for Schools (Not currently accepting students)
- Rural Library Management
- Youth Services in Libraries and Information Agencies
Students must be admitted into the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School and are required to submit the following application materials:
- Toulouse Graduate School Application for Admission
- Required transcripts
Graduate Academic Certificate applicants do not need to submit standardized test scores such as the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), letters of recommendation, or statement of purpose, etc., for admission. Students who are awarded Academic Certificates and later apply for admission to the Master's program, will however be required to submit these materials.
Once You Are Admitted
Once admitted, you will be assigned an advisor who will assist you in getting enrolled for classes and beginning the Graduate Academic Certificate Program.
Note: If you are a current IS Master’s student and you are applying for a GAC, please complete the Application for Concurrent Graduate Academic Certificate Programs (EUID and UNT password login required) so that your academic certificate program will show up on your transcript. If you do not complete the form before your graduating semester, the Toulouse Graduate School will not accept your request for the certificate.
Academic Certificate Completion Form and Request to Receive Your Certificate
Once you complete your course work, please submit the Request for Graduate Academic Certificate of Completion form to receive your certificate.