The Department of Information Science offers a variety of non-degree certificate programs:
The Graduate Academic Certificate program is intended for professionals in Library Science, Information Science, Data Science and other related fields who already have a bachelor's or master's degree, and want to develop or enhance their knowledge and skills in a particular area by taking graduate-level courses to receive an academic credential. The Library and Information Science GACS can also be completed while students are pursuing the MS in Library or Information Science program.
Graduate Academic Certificates are offered in the following areas:
- Advanced management in libraries and information agencies
- Archival management
- Data Science
- Digital content management
- Digital curation and data management
- Leadership in professional development in technology for schools (Not currently accepting students)
- Rural library management
- Youth services in libraries and information settings
The post-master’s program leading to a Certificate of Advanced Study is offered for those who seek further specialization in a particular aspect of library or information science. Those entering the program prepare for a level of competency beyond that provided by the master’s degree.