If you have submitted a complete application and have not been contacted, please e-mail the Department of Information Science at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Important Note: Two different applications are required to apply for the Master's in Information Science or Library Science program. Instructions for both applications are described below.
1. Apply to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School
A. Apply to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School
- Apply by completing an Apply Texas application.
- International students must also review the International Admissions page for additional required documents.
- You will need to meet the Graduate School minimum qualifications before you will be considered for admission to the Department of Information Science.
C. Complete the graduate school application online and pay the $75 non-refundable application fee. Your completed application will be processed by the Toulouse Graduate School and reviewed by your academic program.
D. If you are applying for school library certification without applying to the master's degree program, be sure to apply as Pre-Teacher/Professional Certification: Grad Non-Degree.
Contact the UNT Toulouse Graduate School at GradAdmission@unt.edu or 940-565-2383, if you have any questions.
Send the application items described above to:
Toulouse Graduate School
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #305459 (USPS) or 1147 Union Circle, ESSC #354 (UPS/FedEx)
Denton, TX 76203-5017
2. Apply to the College of Information, Department of Information Science
A. In order to complete the department's application for Library Science or Information Science:
Complete the Department of Information Science Application Form, and upload the necessary attachments.
Submit a one-page statement of purpose and goals detailing your interest in the master's program and reviewing your professional goals.
A resumé complete with a list of honors and activities.
B. You must have two letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Letters should be from former professors, or others who can evaluate your academic qualification, or from job supervisors who can assess your potential for success as an information professional. The letters of recommendation can be submitted in letter form or submitted using the recommendation form linked below.
- For the Recommendation Form, please fill out the entire form. Should you have an electronic letter please attach the document to the form or send it to email@example.com .
- 3.0 on the last 60 hours of a bachelor's degree,
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA,
- a 3.5 GPA on a completed master's degree.
Note: Students who have a 2.90 – 2.99 overall or last 60 hours GPA can be conditionally admitted to the program. If one's GPA is in the range of a 2.6 – 2.89, course leveling can be considered, which is to take four courses at the undergraduate level. If As and Bs are earned in those 12 hours, students can then request admission to the MS program.
D. Submit application documents:
- Email documents as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or fax to: 940-565-3101