ADMISSIONS FOR FALL 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED
The Spring 2021 Application deadline for International applicants is October 15, 2020 and the deadline for domestic applicants is November 15, 2020. Both the Department and UNT Toulouse Graduate School applications, along with supporting documents, must be completed IN FULL on or before these dates to be considered for admission for the Spring 2021 term. All applications completed after their respective deadlines will be asked to update to Fall 2021. Once seats for Spring 2021 are filled, applicants will be asked to update to a future semester.
If you have submitted a complete application and have not been contacted, please e-mail the Department of Information Science at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Important Note: Two different applications are required to apply for the Master of Science in Information Science or Library Science program. Instructions for both applications are described below.
1. Apply to the University of North Texas Toulouse Graduate School
A. Apply to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School
- Complete the Apply Texas application online and pay the $75 non-refundable application fee. Your completed application will be processed by the UNT Toulouse Graduate School and reviewed by your academic program.
- International students must also review the International Admissions page for additional required documents.
- You will need to meet the Graduate School minimum qualifications before you will be considered for admission to the Department of Information Science.
C. If you are applying for school library certification without applying to the master's degree program, be sure to apply as Pre-Teacher/Professional Certification: Grad Non-Degree.
Contact the UNT Toulouse Graduate School at GradAdmission@unt.edu or 940-565-2383.
2. Apply to the College of Information, Department of Information Science
A. In order to complete the department's application for Library Science or Information Science:
Complete the Department of Information Science Application Form, and upload the necessary attachments.
Submit a one-page statement of purpose and goals detailing your interest in the master's program and reviewing your professional goals.
A resumé complete with a list of honors and activities.
B. You must have two letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Letters should be from former professors, or others who can evaluate your academic qualification, or from job supervisors who can assess your potential for success as an information professional. The letters of recommendation can be submitted in letter form or submitted using the recommendation form linked below.
- For the Recommendation Form, please fill out the entire form. Should you have an electronic letter please attach the document to the form or send it to email@example.com .
- 3.0 on the last 60 hours of a bachelor's degree,
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA,
- a 3.5 GPA on a completed master's degree.
Note: Students who have a 2.90 – 2.99 overall or last 60 hours GPA can be conditionally admitted to the program. If one's GPA is in the range of a 2.6 – 2.89, course leveling can be considered, which is to take four courses at the undergraduate level. If As and Bs are earned in those 12 hours, students can then request admission to the MS program.
D. Submit any additional application documents:
- Email documents as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org