- Students will be required to attend a four-day institute in January, 2017 and a two-day institute in May, 2017 at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Students will be required to attend a four-day institute January 5-9, 2018 and a two-day institute June 2-3, 2018 at the Manchester City Library
- The remainder of the instruction will take place via the Web.
- Students may use up to nine semester hours of coursework from other graduate programs toward the master's degree with approval of their program advisor in certain instances. Please contact the department for details.
- Students will apply to, be admitted, and be advised from the Department of Information Science at the University of North Texas.
Applications for the VT/NH/ME program are now being accepted and will be accepted until the cohort is filled. Applicants may be placed on a waiting list if cohort fills.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
Cost of each three-credit semester-hour course - $1,506
Total cost of tuition and fees for the program - $18,072
*These are estimated costs only and are subject to change.*
An On-site and Online Learning Community
UNT/MCL MLIS Program Cohort students will take classes together at the institutes held at the Manchester, NH City Library and online through their first year of study. Cohort students are encouraged to participate in the program's specialized social media communities.
Students must present evidence of relevant field experience through prior experience or by taking a field experience course in addition to the thirty-six semester hours required for the Master's. Students are expected to possess computing competencies that will enable them to learn in the distributed environment. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that these competencies are possessed.
Procedures for Applying
Information regarding Admissions can be found on the Admissions Process page. Please note that the online application to the UNT Toulouse Graduate School and the Department of Information Science application (PDF download) must both be completed.