The department of Information Science offers a variety of non-degree and certification programs.
- School Library Certification varies from State to State but completion of the required courses one must complete 27 hours to recieve the certification.
- The Graduate Academic Certificate program is intended for two audiences:
- Library and Information Science Professionals: Master’s degreed library and information science professionals who want to develop expertise in management in libraries or other information agencies by taking additional graduate level courses to receive an academic credential.
- Other Professionals: Bachelor's or Master's degreed individuals who want to develop or enhance their knowledge of management in libraries or other information agencies by taking graduate level courses to receive an academic credential.
- The post-master’s program leading to a Certificate of Advanced Study is offered for those who seek further specialization in a particular aspect of library or information science. Those entering the program prepare for a level of competency beyond that provided by the master’s degree.