Applicants for admission to degree status and candidacy in the Master's program must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0.
- If your overall Bachelor's GPA is below 3.0 or if your overall Master's GPA is below 3.5, then you must submit official scores on one of the following entrance exams:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Millers Analogies Test (MAT)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors, employers or others who can provide evidence of personal aptitude for, as well as interest in a career in the information field.
- A personal statement of career objectives providing additional information concerning motivation for professional service and areas of special interest.
- An updated resume.
Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English is expected of all students. If English is not a native language, a satisfactory score of at least 550 is required on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants who meet the stated minimum grade point average and entrance examination scores are not guaranteed admission. Should additional information be needed to evaluate the admissibility of an applicant, an interview may be required. Prospective students are invited to visit the campus and the department and are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with a member of the faculty.
In exceptional cases, applicants who are determined by the faculty to show promise for successful graduate study may be granted provisional admission, even if they do not meet all admission requirements.
The Advising staff is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding admission requirements. Contact CI-Advising@unt.edu or (940) 565-2445.